Re: Re: What is a Ling?

  • Dean Costello
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 1999
      >Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary defines "ling" as "common
      heather." But I'm not sure that is what you are looking for.

      I've been thinking about this. Maybe a "ling", in this case, is like a
      trellis; some kind of support for ivy, roses, or lilacs?

      -
      As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual
      certainty, and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human
      life--so I became a scientist. This is like becoming an
      archbishop so you can meet girls.
      -M. Cartmill

      Dean Costello
      costello@...