Note from the Moderator...

  • AJ Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 1998
      Well, the number of subscribers has increased from 4 to 10 over the course of
      the day, so newbies feel free to start a thread...a couple of subscribers have
      posted brief profiles if other wish to follow...

      Perhaps subscribers can recommend some good Alabama history-related WWW sites
      for starters...

      I plan to draft a formal welcome message to be sent to all new subscribers,
      but haven't gotten around to that..will post to the list for comment soon, tho.

      I subscribe to a number of history discussion lists...anyone object if I
      forward Alabama-related materials to this list from time to time?

      Finally, just a background note...I started this list after noticing that
      several states, including Georgia, New York and California have lists
      devoted to their history [most are under the H-Net umbrella at
      http://www.h-net.msu.edu/%5d and I got tired of waiting for someone to start
      one for Alabama..

      A.J. Wright, MLS
      Dept of Anesthesiology Library