MISC: Southern Ghost Stories

  • Joyce Dixon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1998
      What better way to celebrate Southern writing and Halloween, then
      reading a ghost story. From a culture rich in gothic tales and
      storytellers.

      Last night I went on a ghost walk in downtown Savannah. Our
      guide shared the city's folklore of ghosts and haunts. He also
      sang ballads recited poetry based on the tales.

      At the Flannery O'Connor home, a program of Southern gothic
      readings were presented.

      On the Internet, The Moonlit Road offers a collection of Southern
      gothic tales.
      http://www.themoonlitroad.com/

      Happy Halloween!

      Joyce Dixon, Southern Writers co-moderator
      JoyceGA@...