Re:

  • phebe@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 1999
      I have just returned from a trip to Alabama -- for those who have never been
      to Guntersville, it is well worth a trip, a very pretty town.

      I went in search of a person who was living on Indian Lands before it became
      Marshall Co and he and his wife and children were listed in the 1840
      census. By 1850 he and his wife had died and his children were living with
      people in Hamilton Co TN.

      I searched the court house and found no record of him owning land or any
      orphan bonds.

      Any suggestions or help for those familiar with Alabama to tell me where to
      look next would be most helpful.

      phebe morgan