The South in Popular Culture: From Scarlet to Elvis

  • David Herr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1969
      Please respond directly to Dr. Davis as well as to alabamahistory...thanks..
      aj wright
      In the spring quarter at UAB, I'm offering a new course entitled The South
      in Popular Culture: From Scarlet to Elvis. It will examine Old and New South
      images and values embodied in various cultural mediums--primarily music,
      literature (including perhaps memoirs), and film. While I've had my own
      ideas, I am interested in hearing assigned-reading suggestions (monographs
      and articles).

      Jack E. Davis
      Assistant Professor of History and
      Director of Environmental Studies