Admin: Tell Us What You Need

  • Carmel Thomaston
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1998
      I've been reseaching most of the week so I haven't had the opportunity to
      officially welcome you to the list. I see that Joyce has been on top of
      things as usual and has posted some good information about upcoming events.
      If you have information to share about other events for writers in the
      South, please post it.

      We hope that as this list grows and you feel more comfortable with us and
      the other subscribers, you will also use this list for discussion, not just
      for receiving information. Joyce and I talked a long time about setting up
      a Southern_Writers list and having a place of our own for Southern_Writers
      on Painted Rock Writers and Readers Colony, which sponsors this list.
      Through Painted Rock and its sister site Family History Center, we have the
      ability to offer writers on the Internet just about anything they
      need--teaching and critiquing opportunities, book sales, individual and
      joint promotions, advertising, networking with other writers, workshops
      (teaching and attending), research help and yes, friendship.

      This is a diverse list, which will make things interesting. We don't care
      if you write scholarly non-fiction, mass market fiction, genealogy,
      computer manuals, or NYT bestsellers. If you were born in the South, live
      in the South, or write about the South, we think you have a unique
      perspective on the world and want to help nurture that perspective.

      So help us out by giving us feedback on what you need. We'd love it if
      you'd introduce yourself but if you want to lurk, that's fine, too.

      Carmel Thomaston
      carmel@...