Alabama Archival Training Opportunity Workshop June 8 HMCPL

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013

      From: owner-sala-l@... [owner-sala-l@...] on behalf of Berezansky, Tracey [Tracey.Berezansky@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:00 PM
      To: sala-l@...
      Subject: Alabama Archival Training Opportunity Workshop June 8 HMCPL

      An Alabama

      Archival Training Collaborative Workshop

      Contact:

      Alabama Archival Training Collaborative
      Alabama Department of Archives and History
      tracey.berezansky@...
      334-353-4452

      When

      Saturday June 8, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM CDT

      Add to Calendar

      Where

      Huntsville-Madison County Public Library
      915 Monroe St
      Huntsville, AL 35801

      Driving Directions

      What Do I Do With My Archival Collections?

      A Hands-on Workshop on Archival Basics!

      Do you have collections of records in your library, museum, history room, or local archives but you're not sure how to arrange, describe, make accessible or preserve them?  If so, this workshop is for you!

      The Alabama Training Collaborative's Archival Basics Workshop will cover the following:

      Section 1 -  Archival terminology

      Section 2 - Knowing what you have

      Section 3 - Processing

      Section 4 Housing your collection

      Section 5 - Description and access

      Section 6 - Outreach

      Cost for the Workshop is $25 per registrant.  This includes snacks and lunch.  In addition attendees will receive the Archival Basics Manual on flash drives, bone folders, and one archives box filled with archival folders and photo sleeves.

      Attendees may register on-line using the link below.   Registration is limited to 30 participants.  No on-site registrations will be accepted. For additional information please call Tracey @ 334-242-4452

      We would like to thank Susanna Leberman and the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library for hosting this event.

      This workshop features instructor Tracey Berezansky, Assistant Director for Government at the Alabama Department of Archives and History.   She is a member of the Alabama Archival Training Collaborative.   The Archival Training Collaborative (ATC) presents workshops for staff and volunteers responsible for historical documents. Led by a variety of well-trained archivists in a town near you, these workshops cover basic topics in managing historic documents.  Workshops cost $20-$50 depending on their length. For more information visit the ATC website (www.archivaltraining.org)

      Register Now!