Shelby County Historical Society Quarterly Meeting May 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      From: Bobby Joe Seales <bjseales@...>
      To: Shelby County Historical Society <schs1854@...>
      Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am
      Subject: Reminder ... Shelby County Historical Society Quarterly Meeting May 5

      By this time I hope all of you have received your May 2013 Quarterly Newsletter that  were mailed-out on Thursday, April 18th. This is just a friendly reminder to please attend our Quarterly Historical Society Meeting on Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 2:00 pm. The program should be very interesting and the books [with book signing] will be of interest to many. There are additional items are on the agenda … come and be a part of our meeting! Thank you for your support to the Shelby County Historical Society, Inc.

      BRING A FRIEND OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS … GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

      Upcoming Shelby County Historical Society Quarterly Meeting
      PUBLIC INVITED
      Shelby County Historical Society Quarterly Meeting
      Sunday, May 5, 2013 ~ 2:00pm
      Held at the 1854 Old Courthouse in Columbiana, Alabama

      ... Refreshments & Fellowship Following the Meeting ...

      Guest Speaker
      JIM PARKER

      Site Director
      Ft. Toulouse / Ft. Jackson

      Two forts that shared the same site at
      the fork of the Coosa River and the
      Tallapoosa River, near Wetumpka.

      TOPIC
      The War of 1812
      Creek War of 1813-1814 in Alabama

      The wars brought significant change to the area of the Mississippi Territory
      that would become the State of Alabama. We are now in the
      Bicentennial era which is being celebrated as part of the
      ”Becoming Alabama” program.

      IN ADDITION
      Books for Sale (Special Price $20 each) with “Book Signing” by the Authors
      1:40pm - 2:00pm and 3:00pm – 3:20pm

      (1) “IMAGES OF AMERICA LEEDS”
      By Pat Hall & Jane Newton Henry

      (2) ”IMAGES OF AMERICA MONTEVALLO”