THATCamp Alabama registration open [digital projects]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013

      From: Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries [AACRL@...] on behalf of Green, Melissa Fortson [mbfortson@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:24 AM
      To: AACRL@...
      Subject: THATCamp Alabama registration open

      Sign up and help us spread the word to interested groups!

      We’ve just opened registration for THATCamp Alabama, a statewide event happening on August 9-10, 2013 on campus of The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

      Organized by representatives from Alabama colleges, universities, and libraries, THATCamp Alabama (http://alabama2013.thatcamp.org/) is an “unconference”— a space to share skills and experiences with technology and humanities and brainstorm ways that we can work collaboratively on digital projects within our institutions and beyond. We are looking for technologists and humanists at all levels and hope to host a diverse group representing researchers, teachers, librarians, curators, archivists, and others. All participants play an active role in setting the event agenda by proposing sessions that reflect their interests.  Funding for THATCamp Alabama is provided by The University of Alabama College of Arts and Sciences, The University of Alabama Libraries, the Mervyn H. Sterne Library at The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and the University of Montevallo.

      If you are interested in attending, please visit our website: alabama2013.thatcamp.org. To sign up for this free event, please visit our registration page. Space is limited.

      Hope to see you at THATCamp Alabama!

      Best,

      Melissa

      --

      Melissa Fortson Green

      Research & Instructional Services Librarian

      The University of Alabama Libraries

      205-348-6220

      mbfortson@...

      Blackboard IM: mbfortson