CFP: Appalachian Studies Conf.

  • H-Appalachia Editor Richard Straw
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1969
      fyi...aj wright

      From: "Mark F. Sohn" <sohn@...>
      To: "Richard Straw" <rstraw@...>
      Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:09:49 -0500

      Call for Participation (Proposals) for the Appalachian Studies Association
      conference in Knoxville on March 24-26 is out and can be found at the ASA
      web site, www.wvu.edu/~appalach/ . Proposals are due Oct. 1.

      Also: I'd like to bring together some of us that intellectualize on food.
      In that light, I am looking for foodies that would like to be part of a
      conference pannel on Appalachian food and cooking. This pannel for the ASA
      conference corresponds to my section of The Encyclopedia of Appalachia.

      Thanks. Mark

      Mark F. Sohn, Ph.D.
      103 Honeysuckle Drive
      Pikeville, Kentucky 41501 USA

      Phone: 606-437-6467
      Fax: 606-437-7837

      Professor of Psychology
      Community Education Coordinator
      Pikeville College, Pikeville KY 41501

      Author, Hearty Country Cooking
      St. Martin's Press, 1998

      Section Editor for Food and Cooking
      The Encyclopedia of Appalachia
      The University of Tennessee Press

      Read CLASSIC COOKING three Wednesdays a month at www.newsexpressky.com.
      Click on the Wednesday paper and then on Images.