2013 Ala. Historical Assoc. Annual Mtg: Apr 11-13, Eufaula

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013

      EUFAULA 2013!

        The AHA Annual Meeting

      April 11-13

      Dear AHA Members,

      You should have received by now your Spring 2013 AHA Newsletter with information about our April 11-13 meeting in beautiful Eufaula.

      The meeting site is Lakepoint Resort State Park just north of the city. To reserve a room at Lakepoint, call (800) 544-5253 or (334) 687-8011. Rooms, cabins, and cottages begin at $81.90 per night (plus tax). The AHA rate code is 1797, and reservations must be made by March 11 to receive the AHA rate. The State Parks require payment of the first night's full charge to secure your reservation.

      Lakepoint also has a championship-quality 18-hole golf course. Green fees and cart for 18 holes is $20 Monday-Friday to 1 pm, $13 after 1 pm, and $25 on Saturday and Sunday. Reserve a tee time by calling (334) 687-6677 or emailing proshop@....

      The Baymont Inn and Suites hotel offers AHA members rooms for $70 per night if booked before March 28. Call (334) 687-7747.

      Before the Meeting

      Here's a great opportunity: the AHA has partnered with the Caroline Draughon Center for the Arts and Humanities at Auburn University to offer the "Making History Public" Workshop, 10 am-2 pm, Thursday, April 11. Registration is $15, and the workshop promotes preserving and promoting local history digitally, funding opportunities, and networking for Public Historians and Local Historical Society leaders. See page 9 of the newsletter or contact Maiben Beard at meb0015@... or (334) 844-4903 for more information.

      The Eufaula meeting arrangements committee has pulled out all the stops with five pre-meeting tours for Thursday, April 11: Fort Mitchell and the Indian Heritage Center open 9 am - 4 pm, and the local Shorter Cemetery, Fairview Cemetery, and picturesque Chamber of Commerce building available 2 - 4 pm.

      The Friends of Fendall Hall will host our Thursday evening welcoming reception beginning at 6 pm. Fendall Hall is at 917 West Barbour Street, Eufaula, AL 36027, (334) 687-8469

      For More Information

      The AHA website links to the AHA Newsletter, a meeting registration form, short video clips of Eufaula sites, and a synopsis of the presentations we will hear during the concurrent sessions (just to make choosing which session to attend that much harder).

      Conference registration is due April 1. No fooling.

      I look forward to seeing you in Eufaula!

      Marty Olliff

      AHA President, 2012-13

      Alabama Historical Association
      P.O. Box 300100
      Montgomery, AL 36130
      web: www.alabamahistory.net
      email: alabamahistory@...

      Forward email

      Alabama Historical Association | P.O. Box 300100 | Montgomery | AL | 36130