Mail Contracts & Stage Cos. Alabama 1850's

  • Judy Baugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13 8:28 PM
      Can anyone direct me to sources of information on the competition
      between James R. Powell and Robert Jemison et al. over mail contracts
      and stage routes in Alabama during the 1850's? I'm primarily looking
      for information regarding events *prior* to their merger and the
      creation of Jemision, Ficklin & Powell.

      Regards,
      Judy Baugh <procyon@...>
      Austin, TX