Humanities at AU: October News and Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012

      Here are our upcoming events for October. We hope you will join us!
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Upcoming Events

      [October 4] Book Talk: Benjamin Wise, William Alexander Percy: The Curious Life of a Mississippi Planter and Sexual Freethinker. Special Collections and Archives Department, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 3:00 pm.

      [October 4] POV Previews: Sun Kissed. The Gnu’s Room, 7:00 pm.

      [October 11] Discover Auburn: Cyrus Dawsey, “Confederate Immigrants in Brazil.” Special Collections and Archives Department, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 3:00 pm.

      [October 12-13] Auburn Writers Conference: The Winding Road: Travel, Identity, and the Search for Voice

      [October 19] Book Talk: Ralph Voss, Truman Capote and the Legacy of In Cold Blood. The Gnu's Room, 5:30 pm.

      2012 Auburn Writers Conference

      It’s been said that there are only two kinds of stories after all—the journey and the homecoming.  One implies a roving spirit.  The other?  A soul that longs for a familiar landscape.  Either way, the writer is a wanderer on the page and in the imagination.  The Winding Road: Travel, Identity and the Search for Voice invites writers and readers who hear the beckoning call of discovery and of new cultures, as well as those who believe that perhaps the greatest voyage is an exploration of the places we call home, to join us this October 12 and 13, 2012, in Auburn, Alabama, for a writers conference like no other.  Let your writing journey of a thousand miles begin with us.

      The Auburn Writers Conference offers instruction, practice, perspective, and community for both established and emerging writers. For information about workshops and visit authors, please visit the website.
      Angelou and the Arts

      Angelou & the Arts

      An Evening of Art, Dance, and Theatre

      Jule Collins Smith Museum at Auburn University

      Monday, October 29, 4:00pm

      Students, faculty, and the public are invited to enjoy this tribute to Dr. Angelou’s extensive contributions to American culture and to get a chance to win a coveted seat at the Women’s Leadership Institute Extraordinary Women Lecture. “Angelou and the Arts” is sponsored by the Department of Art, the Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts and Humanities, the Jule Collins Smith Museum, the Women’s Leadership Institute, and the Women’s Studies Program in the College of Liberal Arts.

      For more information, please visit the website
      Facebook     Twitter     CMD CAH Blog     Flickr
      Copyright © 2012 Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:
      Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities
      Pebble Hill
      101 S. Debardeleben
      Auburn, AL 36849

      Add us to your address book