2012 Fall Pilgrimage and Other AHA Business

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012

      2012 Fall Pilgrimage
       and Other AHA Business

      Dear AHA Members,

      If you find you let the pre-registration deadline of September 24 sneak past you (I almost forgot it myself), you can still attend the 2012 Fall Pilgrimage.  Please mail in your registration as soon as possible, and send an email to Treasurer John Hardin, John.Hardin@....    You can find the registration form in your Newsletter or at the AHA homepage http://www.archives.state.al.us/aha/aha.html

      In other AHA News:

      The deadline for paper, panel, and poster-session submissions to the Program Committee for consideration for the 2013 Annual Meeting is October 10.  See the call for proposals linked to the homepage, above.

      The University of West Alabama and Center for Black Belt Studies is moving Cedarwood, one of our tour sites, to the UWA Campus.  Valerie Burnes is chronicling the move and posting photos to the Facebook pages of the AHA and the Center for Black Belt Studies.  You can follow progress there.

      Finally, Jim Bennett, cabinet member under two governors, former Secretary of State, and a great friend of Alabama History, has announced his retirement from state government.  I hope I can speak for us all in thanking him for his service and wishing him continued success in retirement.  I suspect we will find Jim spending even more time and energy promoting Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park.

      Regards,

      Marty Olliff

      AHA President, 2012-13

      Alabama Historical Association