AU Humanities: September News and Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 9:38 AM

      Here are our upcoming events for September. We hope you will join us!
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Upcoming Events

      September 4: Luncheon with Robert LeleuxTerra Cotta Cafe, 12:30 pm. Tickets are $35 and are available for purchase at The Gnu’s Room. Seating is limited. Included in the $35 ticket cost is a catered lunch at Terra Cotta Cafe and a signed copy of Robert’s book, The Living End: A Memoir of Forgetting and Forgiving.

      September 6: [POV Previews] I’m Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful. The Gnu’s Room, 7:00 pm.

      September 13: [Discover Auburn] Paul Harris, “Latino Immigrants in the Southeastern United States.” Special Collections and Archives Department, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 3:00 pm. Sponsored by CMD CAH, Auburn University Libraries, and the Auburn University Bookstore.

      September 20: [Book Talk] Rodney Steward, author of David Schenck and the Contours of Confederate Identity. Special Collections and Archives Department, Ralph Brown Draughon Library, 3:00 pm. Sponsored by CMD CAH, Auburn University Libraries, and the Auburn University Bookstore.

      Luncheon with Robert Leleux

      The Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts & Humanities in the College of Liberal Arts and The Gnu’s Room will host a luncheon with author Robert Leleux on Tuesday, September 4 at 12:30 p.m. at the Terra Cotta Café (415 E. Magnolia Ave., Auburn, AL). Tickets are $35 and are available for purchase at The Gnu’s Room. Seating is limited. Included in the $35 ticket cost is a catered lunch at Terra Cotta Café and a signed copy of Robert’s book, The Living End: A Memoir of Forgetting and Forgiving. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit literacy in East Alabama.

      2012 Auburn Writers Conference

      It’s been said that there are only two kinds of stories after all—the journey and the homecoming.  One implies a roving spirit.  The other?  A soul that longs for a familiar landscape.  Either way, the writer is a wanderer on the page and in the imagination.  The Winding Road: Travel, Identity and the Search for Voice invites writers and readers who hear the beckoning call of discovery and of new cultures, as well as those who believe that perhaps the greatest voyage is an exploration of the places we call home, to join us this October 12 and 13, 2012, in Auburn, Alabama, for a writers conference like no other.  Let your writing journey of a thousand miles begin with us.

      The Auburn Writers Conference offers instruction, practice, perspective, and community for both established and emerging writers. For information about workshops and visit authors, please visit the website.

      Facebook     Twitter     CMD CAH Blog     Flickr
      Copyright © 2012 Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities, All rights reserved.
      .
      Our mailing address is:
      Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities
      Pebble Hill
      101 S. Debardeleben
      Auburn, AL 36849

      Add us to your address book