Auburn Writers Conf. Oct. 12-13: New Workshops Added

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2012

      Register now! The Third Annual Auburn Writers Conference will be October 12-13.
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Register Now
      The Auburn Writers Conference offers instruction, practice, perspective, and community for both established and emerging writers.

      New Workshops!

      Lessons from Pop Culture: Sending Your Readers on an Unforgettable Thrill Ride, with Myra McEntire
      We read to experience new worlds, to be transported, to escape. Careful pacing and thoughtful plotting can propel readers through a story, inciting them to come back for more. Using tips from authors Blake Snyder, Christopher Vogler, and James Scott Bell, as well as examples from the television showThe Vampire Diaries, and The Hunger Games book series, we will explore ways to strengthen your plot and crank your pace to breakneck speed. Your readers will never go to bed on time again.

      Voice: How to Find Yours and Use It to Keep Your Audience Hooked, with Myra McEntire
      Many readers purchase a novel based on the first page alone, so the right voice can make or break you. Voice is difficult to define, but we know it when we see it. In this session, we’ll study examples of strong voice, and discover ways to develop voice through brainstorming, journaling, and mind maps. Learn how to apply your own personality to your work, and how to “rob” the personalities of friends, family, and acquaintances to make each of your characters unique.
      Labor of Love: The Creative Process from Conception to Completion, with Debra Moffitt
      Writing comes from a mystical process of creation. Words appear on the page almost as if by magic. In this playful, interactive workshop, author, Debra Moffitt, takes writers on an exploration of the creative process from the birth of an idea to its launch into the world. She offers tools to tap into powerful resources of creative energy, get structured, create a writing discipline that works and get you on the way to finding the right agent and the perfect publisher. We'll also explore some basics of platforms and book proposals.

      Registration Fees
      • Full Registration: $200
      • Friday Only: $125
      • Saturday Only: $75
      • Students: $40
      • The deadline for registration and receipt of payment is September 30, 2012.

      Copyright © 2012 Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:
      Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts Humanities
      Pebble Hill
      101 S. Debardeleben
      Auburn, AL 36849

      Add us to your address book