[Becoming Alabama] Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Winter Issue) -- OCTOBER 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26 10:18 AM

      From: Susan Reynolds <sreyn96853@...>
      To: becoming-alabama <becoming-alabama@...>
      Sent: Fri, Aug 24, 2012 9:46 am
      Subject: [Becoming Alabama] Becoming Alabama Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Winter Issue) -- OCTOBER 1, 2012

      Hello, everyone. For all who want to announce Becoming Alabama events in the winter issue of Alabama Heritage, please take note of the following:
      ·         The deadline for text for the winter issue is Oct. 1, 2012. Text should be sent to me at reyno031@....
      ·         We are accepting announcements for events happening from Feb. 2013 -- June 2013.
      We will publish all that can fit in the space we have reserved, beginning with the earliest. If we run out of text space, we will begin by cutting items that happen after mid-June (which can appear in our spring issue). But we will publish all, if possible.
      ·         Events must have some relevance to the Becoming Alabama initiative or themes of the Creek War, Civil War, and civil rights movement.
      ·         Each event must appear in the format and within the text limits presented here:
      March 10, 7:00 p.m.
      TITLE OF YOUR EVENT
      Text describing your event should include contact information and any admission fees. The body of this text should be no more than 250 characters.

      ·         We reserve the right to trim the announcements if absolutely necessary to fit our space requirements. We will take great care to see that nothing essential is cut.

      The deadlines for upcoming issues will be October 1 (winter), January 1 (spring), April 1 (summer), July 1 (fall).

      Thanks so much for your participation,
      Susan Reynolds
      Susan Reynolds
      Associate Editor, Alabama Heritage