Southern Journeys

  • David Herr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 1999
      fyi..aj wright

      H-Southers,

      I am in the process of gathering proposals for a collection of essays
      tentatively titled SOUTHERN JOURNEYS: TOURISM, HISTORY, AND CULTURE IN THE
      MODERN SOUTH. This volume will deal with the social, economic, and cultural
      implications of one the region's most important but understudied industries. A
      major university press has expressed a strong interest in the manuscript.
      Specific topics might include community studies, labor history, cultural
      studies, or just about any scholarly examination of tourism as a force in
      southern life. Studies of race and gender are especially welcome. Please send
      all inquiries to me off list at rstarnes@.... Thanks.

      Dr. Richard D. Starnes
      Assistant Professor of History
      Mars Hill College