[Becoming Alabama] Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Fall Issue) -- July 1, 2012

    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2012

      From: Susan Reynolds <sreyn96853@...>
      To: becoming-alabama <becoming-alabama@...>
      Sent: Thu, May 17, 2012 9:18 am
      Subject: [Becoming Alabama] Becoming Alabama Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Fall Issue) -- July 1, 2012

      Hello, everyone. For all who want to announce Becoming Alabama events in the fall issue of Alabama Heritage, please take note of the following:
      ·         The deadline for text for the fall issue is July 1, 2012. Text should be sent to me at reyno031@....
      ·         We are accepting announcements for events happening from November 2012 -- February 2013.
      We will publish all that can fit in the space we have reserved, beginning with the earliest. If we run out of text space, we will begin by cutting items that happen after mid-February. But we will publish all, if possible.
      ·         Events must have some relevance to the Becoming Alabama initiative or themes of the Creek War, Civil War, and civil rights movement.
      ·         Each event must appear in the format and within the text limits presented here:
      December 10, 2012, 7:00 p.m.
      TITLE OF YOUR EVENT
      Text describing your event should include contact information and any admission fees. The body of this text should be no more than 250 characters.

      ·         We reserve the right to trim the announcements if absolutely necessary to fit our space requirements. We will take great care to see that nothing essential is cut.

      The following  deadlines apply for each quarter:  January 1 (spring), April 1 (summer), July 1 (fall), and Oct. 1 (winter).

      Thanks so much for your participation,

      Susan Reynolds
      Associate Editor
      Alabama Heritage

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2012

          Do you all have specific language in a short version that I can cut and paste and share on EOA’s Facebook page?

          Thanks,

          Claire Wilson

          Encyclopedia of Alabama