Troy: The Roots Exhibit--Artists Jean Lake & Pugh Windham

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2012

      Jean Lake and Pugh Windham
      Greetings!

      The Johnson Center for the Arts is celebrating the opening of their newest exhibit, The Roots Exhibit: Artists of Pike County Jean Lake & Pugh Windham. We invite you to attend the Opening Reception on Tuesday, April 24 from 4:30 until 6:30 in the evening. More than 75 pieces are on display in the lower level galleries.

      After the opening reception, The City of Troy will present a concert on the square in Downtown Troy featuring Ray Smith. This evening will be a great kickoff to the 10th Annual TroyFest Art & Craft Festival held the last weekend in April, April 28 and April 29.

      The Johnson Center will have extended hours during TroyFest and be open on Saturday from 10:00 until 4:00 and on Sunday from noon until 3:00.

      As a supporter of TroyFest, we encourage you to visit the festival to see more than 100 vendors including fine arts and crafts. Visit www.troyfest.com  or find the TroyFest page on Facebook for more information.

      Sincerely,
      Morgan Drinkard
      Johnson Center for the Arts

      Upcoming Exhibits
      Your Image

      2011 TroyFest Best of Show Winner: Bill Hill
      May 5 - May 25

      String Notes and Brush Strokes by Margo Russell
      June - July

      Art of the State
      June - July

      Opening Reception for String Notes and Brush Strokes and Art of the State
      June 16, 4:00 - 6:00

      The Roots Exhibit:
      Artists of Pike County
      Jean Lake & Pugh Windham
      Opening Reception
      Tuesday, April 24
      4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

      This exhibit will be on display until May 25

      Exhibit Sponsors:
      Drinkard Crosby Group
      Dr. and Mrs. Douglas Hawkins
      Mrs. Gertrude Stephens
      The LIttle Framery
      Whaley Pecan Company

      Alabama State Council
      on the Arts

      National Endowment
      for the Arts

      Without our sponsors, this exhibit would not be possible!
      Exhibit Hours
      Wednesday - Friday
      10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
      Saturday
      10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

      TroyFest Exhibit Hours
      April 28
      10:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
      April 29
      12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
      Johnson Center for the Arts | 300 East Walnut | Troy | AL | 36081