Fwd: Southern Industrialization Project is now OSSECS

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Reich, Steven - reichsa <reichsa@...>
      Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM
      Subject: Southern Industrialization Project is now OSSECS
      To: H-SOUTHERN-INDUSTRY@...

      Announcement

      To Listers and Members of the Southern Industrialization Project

      In order to answer to a wider range of issues and concerns connected with the economic transformation of the U.S. South among which, paramount, those connected with the process of industrialization, the officers and members of SIP have overwhelmingly voted to change our denomination as follows:

           Organization for the Study of Southern Economy, Culture, and Society

                                                (OSSECS)

      Very soon, the list address will be changed accordingly, and a website will be available for consultation and retrieval of information on our present and planned activities as well.

      Hoping that you may find our new, broader perspectives attune to your interests, we wish to invite you all to stick to us, and become full members of OSSECS by paying the modest annual fee of $ 10.00 (here, insert the instructions. Ask Louis and/or Shep).

      We also look forward to making our organization a source of inspiration for exciting projects, a workshop for the experimentation of new directions in southern studies, and a reference point for orientation in professional careers.

      The President and Officers of OSSECS,

      Stanley L. Engerman (Rochester University), President
      Susanna Delfino (University of Genoa, Italy), First Vice-President
      Peter Coclanis (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill), Second Vice-President
      Sean P. Adams (University of Florida), Secretary
      Louis M. Kyriakoudes ( University of Southern Mississippi), Treasurer
      Steven Reich (James Madison University), List Editor
      Shep W. McKinley (University of North Carolina, Charlotte), Membership Coordinator