[Ala. author] Isabel Hill brings her new book to Capitol Book & News this weekend.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2012

      Join us as we welcome Isabel Hill back
      to the River Region!

      SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18
      11:30 - 1:00

      Capitol Book & News
      1140 E. Fairview Avenue
      in the heart of Montgomery's historic Old Cloverdale

      Isabel grew up in Millbrook, attended the Montgomery Academy, and is still connected to some of her classmates from her 9 years there. Although she now lives in New York City with her daughter, Anna, and dog Otis, she is deeply rooted here in Alabama. She enjoys coming home to visit cousins and friends and also to serve on the board of a not for profit entity known as the Alabama Wildlife Federation Isabel and Wiley Hill Conservation Education Center.

      Isabel never imagined living and working in New York City but she loves it! She is an urban planner, documentary filmmaker, and most recently a children's book author.

      In 2009 Isabel Hill's book Urban Animals, which celebrated the use of whimsical animals as architectural details in New York City, took the bookstore by storm.

      Isabel has once again combined her love of history and architecture with her passion to introduce young people to the beauty that can be found in our "built environment." We are pleased to offer her latest book, Building Stories, and doubly pleased that she'll be here with us to see her friends, fans, and family.

      The photographs that are part of Building Stories are currently on exhibit at the Brooklyn Public Library. Their website, found HERE, features a wonderful interview with Isabel.

      We also encourage you to visit her website to see what she's been up to all these years since her migration north.

      Both of these books are perfect for sharing with children, and would be even more special if followed by a walk around our own historic neighborhoods in a hunt for what makes our city so architecturally special.

      *     *     *     *     *     *     *

      Building Stories
      Hardcover, $17.95
      Paperback, $7.95

      Urban Animals
      Hardcover,$17.95
      Paperback, $7.95

      We are happy to have Isabel sign copies of either (or both) of these books for you if you cannot come. We'll even giftwrap (free) and ship ($5) anywhere in the continental U.S.

      Call us at 334-265-1473, or send us an email with your order.

      We'll handle everything else!

      Like us on Facebook
      Capitol Book & News | 1140 E. Fairview Avenue | In Beautiful Old Cloverdale | Montgomery | AL | 36106