Re: Digest Number 157

  • David Dorsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 1999
      Tiny Tom,

      A couple of good places to get started are:

      http://www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/alamilor/mil_org.html
      and
      http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/

      These are excellent sources and provide some additional links. Let me know
      if you can't find what you're looking for and I'll try to help.

      Good luck in your search and best wishes ... David Dorsey
      Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Robert E. Lee Camp #16

      Visit my ancestors web page at:
      http://www.parsonstech.com/genealogy/trees/ddorsey/dorsey.htm
      or my updated web page (no photos yet!):
      http://www.familyorigins.com/users/d/o/r/David-W-Dorsey/

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 1999
        need this info also and cannot bring up either site?
      • Debbie Pendleton
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 1999
          Dear Tom (and other interested alabamahistory subscribers):
          Have you submitted a research request to the Alabama Department of Archives and History? We have service records for most Alabama soldiers. You can submit a request using the form located at http://www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/request.html. We will mail you copies of any records that we find.

          Debbie Pendleton
          Assistant Director for Public Services
          Alabama Department of Archives and History
          PO Box 300100
          Montgomery, AL 36130-0100
          dpendlet@...
          http://www.archives.state.al.us