Ala. Arts Radio: Songs of the Christmas Season arranged & performed by Bobby Horton

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2011

      For this program we want to thank Bobby Horton for graciously allowing us to play selections from his personally arranged and performed Homespun Songs of the Christmas Season CD for our Christmas Day radio program. We at the Alabama State Council on the Arts want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year.
      A seasoned performer, Horton is a multi-instrumentalist, composer, producer, and music historian. He has performed with the musical- comedy trio Three On a String, throughout the United States and Canada for 35 plus years.  He has also produced and performed music scores for thirteen PBS films by Ken Burns including “The Civil War”, and “Baseball,” two films for The A&E network, and sixteen films for The National Park Service.  His series of recordings of authentic period music has been acclaimed by historical organization and publications through America and Europe.
      This special radio series will air every Sunday at 5:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M., on the Troy University Public Radio Network at:
      • WTSU 89.9 (Montgomery and Troy)
      • WRWA 88.7 (Dothan)
      • WTJB 91.7 (Columbus and Phenix City)
      This radio series may not be broadcast in your area, but it can be accessed via the Internet at: http://www.arts.state.al.us/actc/1/radioseries.html#merry2011
      If you have been listening to, and enjoying this radio series, please send your comments to: barbara.reed@...
      Listen first hand using the link below.
      If this mailing was forwarded to you and if you are currently not on our email list you can subscribe below.

      Email address:
      (optional) Your name: