Becoming Alabama Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Spring Issue) -- JANUARY 1, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2011
      More about the Becoming Alabama program is at
      http://www.archives.alabama.gov/BA/   --A.J. Wright

      Subject: [Becoming Alabama] Becoming Alabama Event Announcement
      Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Spring Issue) -- JANUARY 1, 2012

      Hello, everyone. For all who want to announce Becoming Alabama events
      in the winter issue of Alabama Heritage, please take note of the
      following:
      ·         The deadline for text for the spring issue is January 1,
      2012. Text should be sent to me at reyno031@....
      ·         We are accepting announcements for events happening from May
      2012 -- August 2012.
      We will publish all that can fit in the space we have reserved,
      beginning with the earliest. If we run out of text space, we will
      begin by cutting items that happen after mid-July. But we will publish
      all, if possible.
      ·         Events must have some relevance to the Becoming Alabama
      initiative or themes of the Creek War, Civil War, and civil rights
      movement.
      ·         Each event must appear in the format and within the text
      limits presented here:
      June 10, 7:00 p.m.
      TITLE OF YOUR EVENT
      Text describing your event should include contact information and any
      admission fees. The body of this text should be no more than 250
      characters.

      ·         We reserve the right to trim the announcements if absolutely
      necessary to fit our space requirements. We will take great care to
      see that nothing essential is cut.

      The following  deadlines apply for each quarter:  January 1 (spring),
      April 1 (summer), July 1 (fall), and Oct. 1 (winter).

      Thanks so much for your participation,
      Susan Reynolds
      Susan Reynolds
      Associate Editor, Alabama Heritage