Becoming Alabama Event Announcement Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Spring Issue) -- JANUARY 1, 2012
- More about the Becoming Alabama program is at
http://www.archives.alabama.gov/BA/ --A.J. Wright
Subject: [Becoming Alabama] Becoming Alabama Event Announcement
Deadlines for Alabama Heritage (Spring Issue) -- JANUARY 1, 2012
Hello, everyone. For all who want to announce Becoming Alabama events
in the winter issue of Alabama Heritage, please take note of the
· The deadline for text for the spring issue is January 1,
2012. Text should be sent to me at reyno031@....
· We are accepting announcements for events happening from May
2012 -- August 2012.
We will publish all that can fit in the space we have reserved,
beginning with the earliest. If we run out of text space, we will
begin by cutting items that happen after mid-July. But we will publish
all, if possible.
· Events must have some relevance to the Becoming Alabama
initiative or themes of the Creek War, Civil War, and civil rights
· Each event must appear in the format and within the text
limits presented here:
June 10, 7:00 p.m.
TITLE OF YOUR EVENT
Text describing your event should include contact information and any
admission fees. The body of this text should be no more than 250
· We reserve the right to trim the announcements if absolutely
necessary to fit our space requirements. We will take great care to
see that nothing essential is cut.
The following deadlines apply for each quarter: January 1 (spring),
April 1 (summer), July 1 (fall), and Oct. 1 (winter).
Thanks so much for your participation,
Associate Editor, Alabama Heritage
The University of Alabama