ADAH: Nov. 17 ArchiTreats Program Change

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2011

      Thursday, November 17, 2011ADAHLogo

      ArchiTreats Program Change

      Fred Gray is ill and will not be able to make his scheduled presentation at ArchiTreats on November 17.
      (We are happy to report that he is expected to be back in full swing very soon.)
      He looks forward to presenting the program in the future.

                    As an emergency substitute (and hopefully in keeping with the spirit of Mr. Gray's program), Archives Director Ed Bridges will be the speaker. Mr. Gray's talk was to have been part of a series called Becoming Alabama-programs reflecting on three important anniversaries Alabama is now observing. They are the bicentennial of the Creek War, the sesquicentennial of the Civil War, and the 50th anniversary of important Civil Rights events in Alabama. Bridges will talk about these three events and their significance in Alabama history.      Becoming Alabama logo

      Sincerely,
      Sherrie Hamil
      Alabama Department of Archives and History
      334-353-4726