FW: Alabama Public Library Service public survey

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2011

      Not directly history/culture/folklore related, but still…A.J. Wright

      From: Rebecca Mitchell, Director, Alabama Public Library Service

      Subject: Alabama Public Library Service public survey

      We at APLS want to ask citizens to share their views on public libraries by completing an online survey during October and November 2011.  We are seeking your help in distributing information about this survey to the people you work with and serve so that they can have an opportunity to respond.  Their opinions will help shape the future of our public libraries.  This is an important step in getting as much input from the public as possible as we develop our next five-year plan.

      The survey can be taken at any computer with Internet access (respondents must be at least 19).  People can submit the survey from their home, office or library.  The survey will be available through November 15 at this link:
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/APLSpublic

      Please put this article about the survey on your website.  It includes the link to the survey: Website Article

      In addition, this is a link to a promotional flyer: Printable Flyer.  Hang it in your library and around your institution.  Get people interested in talking about libraries.  Take the survey yourself.

      If someone at your library is unable to access the survey online, please print a copy for them using this link: Printable Survey.  The mailing address is printed on the last page of the survey.

      The University of Alabama School of Library and Information Studies is collecting the survey data.  Your opinion and your community’s opinions matter.  This is important to us all.  Thanks for your help.

      For more information contact Jim Smith at APLS, phone (800) 723-8459 extension 3907, email
      jsmith@..., 6030 Monticello Drive, Montgomery, AL 36130-6000.