Alabama Humanities July Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2011
      Alabama Humanities July Events

      Alabama Humanities Foundation

      Ongoing AHF Events

      June 25-August 7
      Museum on Main Street's "Journey Stories"
      Bankhead House and Heritage Center (Jasper)
      The "Journey Stories" exhibition will examine the intersection between modes of travel and Americans’ desire to feel free to move. “Journey Stories” tells the story of American transportation and how we, and our ancestors, came to America using engaging images with audio and artifacts to tell the individual stories that illustrate the critical roles travel and movement have played in building our diverse American society. The exhibit is a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institute and the Alabama Humanities Foundation.
      Further information: (205) 302-0001
      AHF program

      April 15-August 26
      The Music Lives On: Folk Song Traditions Told by Alabama Artists
      Vulcan Park and Museum (Birmingham)
      In celebration of the Year of Alabama, an exhibition of works depicting the region’s great musical traditions created by the state’s most celebrated folk artists. Those represented in the exhibition include such acclaimed artists as Lonnie Holley, Joe Minter, Charlie Lucas, and Thornton Dial.
      Further information: (205) 933-1409
      Grants Project

      Links

      Copyright (C) 2011 Alabama Humanities Foundation All rights reserved.