Re: Arcadia Publishing titles...

  • Ellen Garrison, Special Collections
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 1999
      We have been catching these as we can but it will be nice to have
      the website and check on all of them. Thanks.

      > From: AJ Wright <MEDS002@...>
      >
      > Arcadia Publishing of Charleston, SC, has begun issuing a number of paperback
      > histories mostly photos Alabama topics [they're apparently doing a lot of
      > states] so far include Bham/Jefferson Co., Calhoun County, Clarke County,
      > Etowah County, Helena, Mobile/Eastern Shore, Monroeville, Montgomery, Morgan
      > County and the Tuskegee Airmen. I've seen a few titles at Barnes and Nobles/
      > Books-A-Million...prices seem to be either $16.99 or 18.99--for more info see
      > their WWW site at http://www.arcadiaimages.com or go directly to their catalog
      > http://www.arcadiaimages.com/arcadiacatalog.html --aj wright

      > ONElist now has T-SHIRTS!
      > For details and to order, go to:
      > http://www.onelist.com/store/tshirts.html

      > Archives for the list can be viewed at
      > http://www.onelist.com/archives.cgi/alabamahistory

      Dr.Ellen Garrison, Curator
      W.S. Hoole Special Collections
      University Libraries Box 870266
      University of Alabama
      Tuscaloosa Al 35487-0226
      (205) 348-0500
      egarriso@...

      "The more information that's available online, the more valuable competent advisers and middlemen become because . . . there is
      a big difference between information and knowledge."
      Allan Sloan, Wall Street editor, Newsweek magazine 14 June 1999