Call for Papers: Soc. of Ala. Archivists 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2011

      CALL FOR PAPERS

      2011 Society of Alabama Archivists (SALA) Conference

      Date:  September 30, 2011

      Place:  5 Rivers, Spanish Fort, Alabama

      In preparation of the 2011 meeting in Spanish Fort, Alabama, the Society of Alabama Archivists seeks paper proposals on topics that can include, but are not limited to:

      Archival Training Initiatives

      Use of Art and Artifact Collections

      Embracing Digital and Social Media Technologies

      Promoting and Preserving Oral Histories

      Surviving Lean Fiscal Years

      Disaster Preparedness and Recovery

      Sessions are typically 45 minutes to 1 hour in length and include 2-3 papers.  For session proposals please include title, brief description, and the names of the organizer and each presenter with affiliation and contact information.  For individual papers please submit the same information listed above.  A session will be created from submitted individual papers.

      We also seek proposals for a session that will include paper presentations by students.  We also encourage students to create posters on research projects or activities for a poster session and display.

      Please submit session and individual proposals to John Allison

      (jallison@...) by June 24, 2011