Southern Cultures Food Issue: Call for Submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011
      From: Shaw, David M [dshaw@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:24 PM
      To: H-Southern-Industry@...
      Subject: Southern Cultures Food Issue: Call for Submissions

      Southern Cultures, the award-winning quarterly from UNC's Center for the Study of the American South, would like to strongly encourage submissions from scholars and teachers and other thoughtful writers from around the world for our 2012 special issue devoted entirely to Food, including work that connects Food to Industry and/or Labor. We will be accepting submissions for this special issue now through July 14, 2011.

      During the past year, over 40,000 people have read Southern Cultures in print, accessed our content online, and downloaded our eBooks--including students and scholars in 66 countries. You can browse our last special Food issue-and the rest of our content on Food from the past decade-by visiting:
      http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/read_by_subject/food_and_foodways/

      To read our material on Southern Labor & Industry, please visit:
      http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/read_by_subject/business_and_economics/

      To read our current issue, access our submission guidelines and content in many other subject areas, and find more information, please visit:
      www.SouthernCultures.org<http://www.SouthernCultures.org >

      Thank you.

      Best,
      Dave Shaw
      Executive Editor, Southern Cultures
      UNC's Center for the Study of the American South
      CB# 9127, UNC-CH
      Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-9127
      www.SouthernCultures.org

      "The rich array of photographs and graphics,
      and the sincere and effective attempt at readerly appeal,
      go well beyond what is attempted by most. . .
      Southern Cultures is truly impressive."
      -Council of Editors of Learned Journals