AHA mtg Apr. 14-16: Photographer & Co-Author Alex Harris joins E.O. Wilson

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011

      From: Alabama Historical Association [mailto:markwilsonauburn@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:06 AM
      To: Amos J Wright
      Subject: Photographer and Co-Author Alex Harris joins E.O. Wilson at AHA event

      Alex Harris

      If it weren't exciting enough to have E.O. Wilson delivering the keynote address at the annual awards banquet, he will be joined by Alex Harris, co-author of their forthcoming book Why We Are Here. Harris, an award-winning photographer and founder of the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University, will show and remark on his images of contemporary Mobile.

      Harris is the author and editor of 14 books including River of Traps, a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in general non-fiction. His work has been exhibited widely including two one-man shows at the International Center of Photography in New York, and his photographs of Cuba will be exhibited at the J. Paul Getty Museum in 2011. Harris is a Professor of the Practice of Public Policy and Documentary Studies at Duke. Why We Are Here is scheduled for release by W. W. Norton in 2012. For more information on Harris's photography, click here

      .

      Boy Scouts in 5 Rivers State Park

      Boy Scouts, 5 Rivers State Park, Mobile, October 2009. Photo by Alex Harris.

      There is still time to pre-register for AHA's 67th annual meeting on Mobile Bay's Eastern shore from April 14-16.  Print and mail your registration form today. (Click here for form. )

      If you did not get a copy to the Spring 2011 newsletter, it is also online. (Click here for newsletter.)  In it you will find the schedule of events for the annual meeting, biographic information about the guest speakers, and information about the local tours and excursions that are available.

      We look forward to seeing you next month!

      Alabama Historical Association
      P.O. Box 300100
      Montgomery, AL 36130
      web: www.alabamahistory.net
      email: alabamahistory@...

      Alabama Historical Association | P.O. Box 300100 | Montgomery | AL | 36130