Ala. Arts Radio: Priscilla Hancock Cooper

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011

      This program is a 2006 rebroadcast of Randy Shoults, Community Arts, Literature and Design Program Manager for the Alabama State Council on the Arts, interviewing Priscilla Hancock Cooper about her literary works. Cooper is the coordinator for the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and she is also a teaching writer with the Writing Our Stories Project (Chalkville Campus), an anti-violence creative writing program for incarcerated youth. Writing Our Stories takes place through a cooperative arrangement between the Alabama Writers' Forum and the Alabama Department of Youth Services (DYS).  Cooper is the Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature recipient for 2005. She reads samples from her literary works.

      This special radio series will air every Sunday at 5:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M., on the Troy University Public Radio Network at:

      • WTSU 89.9 (Montgomery and Troy)
      • WRWA 88.7 (Dothan)
      • WTJB 91.7 (Columbus and Phenix City)

      And every Saturday, broadcasting from Spring Hill College in Mobile, at 2:30 P.M. on:

      • WHIL 91.3 Public Radio (Mobile-Biloxi-Pensacola)

      This radio series may not be broadcast in your area, but it can be accessed via the Internet at: http://www.arts.state.al.us/actc/1/radioseries.html#priscilla2

      If you have been listening to, and enjoying this radio series, please send your comments to: barbara.reed@...

      Listen first hand using the link below.

      If this mailing was forwarded to you and if you are currently not on our email list you can subscribe below.

      Email address:

      (optional) Your name: