Sonny Brewer Here Tomorrow [Montgomery]

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2010

      The Capitol Book Newsletter

      Tuesday, December 7, 2010

      Sonny Brewer Here Tomorrow!

      Fairhope's Sonny Brewer used to be a bookseller. Then he did what all booksellers

      secretly want to do: he quit selling books and went to writing them! Good ones, too.

      Like The Poet of Tolstoy Park and  Cormac: The Tale of  Dog Gone Missing

      and The Widow and the Tree.

      And now Sonny's had the best idea for a book we've heard in a long time.

      He's put together a collection of essays by 23 writers who write about the last 'real' job they had

       before they, like Sonny, up and quit and went to writing full time.

      Anybody who loves to read, or who dreams about one day writing, will love these stories

      about firemen, soldiers, pizza delivery men, mailmen, busboys and underwear salesman

      who one day quit all that and became Larry Brown, Pat Conroy,Tom Franklin, Tim Gautreaux, George Singleton, or

      any one of 18 other of the great writers who tell their stories here.

       Our highest recommendation!

      Come meet Sonny Brewer and get a signed copy of this one,

      suitable for Christmas giving to any aspiring writer you know!

      He'll be here at the store

      TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8 FROM 4 - 6 PM

      Can't come? We're glad to get books signed for you.

      Just call us at 334-265-1473 or EMAIL US.

      CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS:

      CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OUR SALE BOOKS.

      CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR LOCAL AND REGIONAL BOOKS.

      CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SPECIAL CHRISTMAS RECOMMENDATIONS.

      Cheryl and Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334.265.1473
      website: www.capitolbook.com