ADAH Archives Educator Newsletter: Dec. 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2010

      Issue: # 4

      November 2010

      Highlights this month include:

      • Alabama History Education Initiative Lesson Plans
      • Celebrate Alabama Day
      • History at Home Seasonal Activities

      December Lesson Plans

      We are posting five NEW lesson plans for December.  This time we are adding a lesson created for second-grade students which utilizes photographs of modes of transportation and a timeline.  It is never too early to use primary sources in the classroom!  The New South, Birmingham, and Alabama's contributions to the Civil War are all a part of the newest lesson plans. Check out the names of the authors to see if they work in your school or school system!

      **Remember, we are looking for your comments and suggestions about the lesson plans.  A Feedback button is located at the bottom of the lesson plan index for your convenience.

      Online Resources

      (Digital Alabama Resources)

      (National Archives Online Tool for Teachers)

      (A Search Engine for Students. It searches only credible Web sites approved by Internet research experts.)

      Celebrate Alabama's Birthday at the Archives with

      activities on Saturday, Dec. 11!

      Find us on Facebook

       Other Educator News:

      If you can't get to the Archives, celebrate
      Alabama Day in your classroom with this packet of activities developed by the education staff.

      History at Home activities highlight the December seasonal celebrations.  Activities and activity sheets can be used at home or in the classroom.

      Bored after the holidays?  Come to the Archives to see the museum and for FREE activities in the Hands-On Gallery.  (December 20-31:  Museum open M-TH, 8:30-4:30- Research Room open T-TH, 8:30-4:30)

      The Alabama Department of Archives and History will be closed on Friday, December 24, 2010 and Friday, December 31, 2010.

      624 Washington Avenue

      P.O. Box 300100

      Montgomery, AL 36130-0100

      Phone: (334) 242-4435

      Alabama Department of Archives and History | 624 Washington Avenue | P.O. Box 300100 | Montgomery | AL | 36130-0100