FW: Mosaic Templars in Alabama

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2010

      This item was forwarded from the Alabama archives list, so any responses should go to Anthony Donaldson anthonyldonaldson@... as well as our list…thanks….A.J. Wright

      From: owner-sala-l@... [mailto:owner-sala-l@...] On Behalf Of Anthony Donaldson
      Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 2:24 PM
      To: sala-l@...
      Subject: Mosaic Templars in Alabama

      Dear List Members,

      We have a student at Auburn who is interested in researching and writing a paper on the Mosaic Templars in Alabama. This African-American fraternal, insurance, and mutual-aid society was founded in Arkansas in the 1880s and operated chapters in various states, including Alabama, into the 1930s. Does anyone have any material on the Mosaic Templars in Alabama. Our student is especially interested in the chapter that operated in Notasulga.

      Does Tuskegee or Alabama State have anything? Also, does anyone know of any secondary literature on the Mosaic Templars in Alabama? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

      Thank You,

      Anthony

      Anthony Donaldson
      Visiting Assistant Professor