FW: American Indian History Month Festival 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2010
      From: notify@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notify@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of SonyaS
      Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:43 PM
      To: Amos J Wright
      Subject: American Indian History Month Festival 2010

      Hello,

      My name is Sonya Smith. I host American Indian History Month Festival here in Dothan, Alabama & got your name from Billie Glazier at Bethany Home School Academy. Would it be possible for you to help me get out information about our event by posting it on any sites you may know with possible interested visitors? Our website is www.aifestival.net. The text I've been using for any postings is :

      Please join us Saturday, November 20, 2010 at the Dothan Civic Center in Dothan, Alabama for American Indian History Month Festival 2010. Activities include: gourd dancing, grand entry in traditional dress, traditional powwow dancing, stomp dance, host northern drum & host southern drum, guest southern drum, flute music, living history exhibits by recognized tribes, storytelling and lots of great door prizes for the audience. This year's guest flutist will be Emerson Begay (Navajo). Other special guest: The Nation of Change Dancers, Muscogee Creek Nation Stomp Dancers Speedy & Saundra Harley and Story Teller Laura Sanders (Star Clan of Creek Indians). Doors open at 4:30pm. Admission cost is $10.00 for spectators. Children 5 & under enter free. More event information is available at www.aifestival.net. We would also like to thank the Dothan Police Department for serving as our event security & helping us provide another great year of safe family fun for the whole community. Thank you & we look forward to seeing you at the civic center.

      - - - - -

      Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer us. We look forward to exchanging any additional information of interest.

      Kindest regards,
      Sonya Smith