WaySouth - A Journal of Southern Thought

  • nj@xxxx.xxx.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 1999
      fyi..aj wright

      Vance Bell wrote:
      From: vbell@... (Vance Bell)
      Subject: WaySouth - A Journal of Southern Thought
      Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 14:01:07 -0400 (EDT)

      WaySouth - A Journal of Southern Thought

      http://www.waysouth.com/

      WaySouth is an online magazine of essays and commentary from a Southern
      perspective. WaySouth has writers who (most) happen to be from the South.
      The places and the people they write about are, thus, usually Southern
      ones. The essays you will find here are provocative and innovative, warm
      and informative -- not just a magnolia-inclined collection of
      geographically-burdened cliches. Because the South is changing so fast, we
      hope to be able to see and understand our own cultural transitions through
      our writing.

      Our perspectives come from writers in cities and in small towns. We live
      in nice neighborhoods, so-so apartments and trailers in the woods. We are
      white. We are black. We are men, and we are women. What we at WaySouth
      share is an ability to think for ourselves -- and an appreciation of
      history, contemporary influences, original ideas and natural discourse.

      Please let us hear from you. As WaySouth grows, we hope to be able to
      offer you more ways to discuss issues online with us. In the meantime, we
      will keep the columns updated with a variety of essays, stories and poems
      from new and interesting writers. Feel free to query us with your essay
      idea.

      Contact:

      Joe Caldwell, Editor, joe@...