Ala. Ghost Town: Robinson Switch

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      Strange Alabama

      Forwarded with permission….A.J. Wright   ajwright@...

      From: strangealabama@yahoogroups.com [mailto:strangealabama@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 9:11 AM
      To: strangealabama@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [strangealabama] Digest Number 101

      1.

      Robinson Switch

      Posted by: "ccauburn" ccauthen@...   ccauburn

      Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:32 am (PDT)

      Hiyas. I wanted to pass on some photos I took that might be of interest
      to some of you. It's a ghost town called Robinson Switch, a little ways
      northeast of Lowndesboro.

      According to the owner of the local gas station/convenience
      store/hardware store/bait shop, Robinson Switch was the location of a
      plantation that turned to share cropping after the war. It had a
      commissary store where the sharecroppers would have to buy their
      supplies, a train depot, and other buildings that unfortunately I do
      not know the purpose of. As far as I could tell, it was abandoned
      sometime in the 50s or 60s.

      Enjoy!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreadpirategreyson/sets/72157622597901286/
      <http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreadpirategreyson/sets/72157622597901286/\