Upcoming Ala. Author Events, Montgomery

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009

      The Capitol Book Newsletter

      Friday, October 23, 2009

      Rick Bragg next week! And then lots more after that!

      One of our - and your - favorites will be here next week. Rick Bragg has written a new book, The Most They Ever Had, all about the life and times of the cotton mill in Jacksonville, Alabama, and the people it nurtured....and exploited. If you want to see a little video snippet of Rick talking about the book, CLICK HERE. ($23 hardcover)

      If you want a whole lot more of Rick, come to FLOWERS HALL AT HUNTINGDON COLLEGE NEXT THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29 AT 7 PM.

      But that's not all......

      Along with Rick that night will be his buddy - and another one of your favorites....Sonny Brewer of Fairhope, whose new book The Widow and the Tree is loosely based on the real-life events surrounding the intentional killing of "Inspiration Oak," a landmark Live Oak tree near Magnolia Springs. ($23 hardcover)

      But that's not all......

      We've got about 5 or 6 other major events planned over the next few weeks.....including Lisa Patton, Brooke and Keith Desserich, Charlie Lucas (the Tin Man), Justin Allen, Anne Byrne (The Cake Doctor), John Besh (My New Orleans: The Cookbook), Kirk Curnutt, and Chris and Idie Hastings (The Hot and Hot Fish Club Cookbook).

      We'll let you know details of all these as the time approaches, but for right now all these events are posted on our web site...so for particulars you can go there. You need only CLICK HERE to do that.

      And to reserve signed copies of any of these books, just CLICK HERE...or call us at 334-265-1473.

      Cheryl and Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334.265.1473
      website: www.capitolbook.com