July 11 mtg: Mid-South Chapter [railway history] in Leeds

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2009
      Greetings, everyone,

      Summer is rolling right along, and here we are in July already! And with July comes the next bi-monthly meeting of the Mid-South Chapter of the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society and another opportunity to hang out with the "depot gang."

      Program Chair Ron Mele has lined up an excellent program for your mid-summer enjoyment. Birmingham historian John Stewart, host of the ever-popular "Birmingham Rails" website, will bring an informative program on the website's development and walk us through many interesting topics on Birmingham's railroads and industry. If you haven't visited John's website, I encourage you to take a look at http://www.bhamrails.info/

      In addition to John's program, we'll hear about several interesting developments regarding the depot restoration and some exciting plans for our first open house and fundraiser. We'll also discuss and vote on proposed changes to our chapter by-laws.

      Please bring a guest and join us next Saturday July 11 at 2 p.m. for an entertaining time at the Leeds Depot [coming into Leeds from Birmingham on US 78, turn left at the last light in town, cross the tracks and the depot sits on the right.] See you then!

      Best regards,
      Marvin
      Marvin Clemons ,Chairman
      Mid-South Chapter, R&LHS