FW: Discovering Alabama: Huntsville & Space Program [APT, 7/5]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009

      From: Robert Schuffert [mailto:reschuff@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 5:14 PM
      To: robert@...
      Subject: Discovering Alabama program

      For those interested, especially Huntsville and Alabama residents, there will be a program on Alabama Public Television about Huntsville ’s historic role in our space program. The program may air in other locations also. A few links for more information on Dr. Phillips and Discovering Alabama:

      http://www.aptv.org/DA/interview.asp

      http://www.aptv.org/DA/index.asp

      http://www.discoveringalabama.org/

      The Discovering Alabama episode celebrating Huntsville ’s role in the space program will premiere on

      Alabama Public Television

      Sunday, July 5

      8:00 p.m.

      Dr. Doug Phillips hosts the show from Marshall Space Flight Center’s Historic Redstone Test Site. We get a bit of history, and we look at a few current programs at Marshall and the National Space Science and Technology Center . What excites us most about this show is the look toward the future as kids are inspired by Space Camp, NASA Outreach, and the NASA Great Moonbuggy Race.