FW: "Travels in the American South," SAMLA 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2009
      -----Original Message-----
      From: U.S. Southern Literature [mailto:H-SOUTHERN-LIT@...] On
      Behalf Of Martyn Bone
      Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:04 AM
      To: H-SOUTHERN-LIT@...
      Subject: CFP: "Travels in the American South," SAMLA 2009

      From: Jeff Melton [mailto:jmelton@...]
      Sent: 11 March 2009 00:24
      Subject: CFP for SAMLA 2009

      The International Society for Travel Writing seeks abstracts for a
      proposed session at SAMLA 2009 titled "Travels in the American South:
      Self and Landscape." Submissions are sought on any aspect of travel
      writing and tourism that evokes a strong sense of natural landscapes,
      especially as the natural world affects (alters, defines, limits,
      expands, etc.) individual and/or group identities. For this session, we
      define "travel writing" broadly and welcome submissions that examine not
      only traditional travel narratives but also fiction, poetry, memoir, and
      journalism. We also strongly encourage submissions that employ
      interdisciplinary approaches to the topic and thus include responses to
      natural landscapes beyond the brief list above.

      Please send abstracts (300-400 words) to Jeffrey Melton, Auburn
      University at Montgomery, via email (jmelton@...) by May 15th.

      Jeffrey Melton
      Professor of English
      Auburn University at Montgomery