3rd Annual Black Belt Genealogy Conf. Feb 20-21, 2009 in Selma

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2009

      From: B.J. Smothers [mailto:bjsmothers@...]
      Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:49 AM
      To: BBAAGHS
      Subject: 3rd Annual Black Belt Genealogy Conference, Feb 20-21, 2009 in Selma

      Dear Members and Friends,

      Information about the 2009 Conference, February 20-21 is online. Please visit the website ( http://bbaaghs.org/ ) for the latest and to register. You can pay online as well as by mail.

      We are so honored to have novelist, poet and playwright Pearl Cleage as our keynote speaker at the Awards Luncheon to be held at the historic St. James Hotel on February 21st. Pearl is the author of novels What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day, I Wish I Had a Red Dress, and her latest, Seen It All and Done the Rest, and of "We Speak Your Names", the poem written for Oprah's Legends Weekend. There will be a book signing immediately following the luncheon. You don't want to miss Pearl!

      Please complete your registrations if you haven't already to ensure that you will have an opportunity to hear Pearl as well as to honor our award recipients. As always, members receive a 20% discount.

      Questions? 334-877-4846 or bbaaghs@....

      Thanks.

      B.J. Smothers
      President
      Black Belt African American Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc.
      PO Box 971
      Selma , AL 36702
      334-877-4846
      www.bbaaghs.org