This Goodly Land: Ala.'s Literary Landscape

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2008
      From: Network of Alabama Academic Libraries Discussion List
      [mailto:NAAL-L@...] On Behalf Of Medina, Sue
      Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:15 AM
      To: NAAL-L@...
      Subject: Update for This Goodly Land

      NAAL: FYI
      Cc: M. Coates

      I wanted to let you know about some new developments with respect to
      This Goodly Land: Alabama's Literary Landscape, our online literary map
      for the State of Alabama (http://www.alabamaliterarymap.org ).

      If you haven't looked at the home page recently, you should check it
      out. We've added a feature we call "This Day in Alabama Literary
      History." See what happened on today's date or select any other
      month-day combination. (There are still a few blank dates, but we've got
      events for over 85% of the calendar year.)

      We've also added a video that we made this spring with author Peter
      Huggins. Peter talks about the meaning of "place" and recites his poem
      "An Airfield in Alabama."
      (http://media.cla.auburn.edu/cla/podcasts/peterhuggins.html ).

      We've just created a blog for This Goodly Land
      (http://alabamaliterarymap.blogspot.com ). We'll be using it to announce
      new features (such as the above), new author profiles, upcoming
      promotional events, etc. We will also use it to call attention to
      aspects of the site that we feel deserve special notice. You can
      bookmark the blog site in your Web browser or get updates sent directly
      to your email address or your RSS feed reader.

      We've got 134 author profiles now on the site (up from 60 when we
      launched in January 2007). Research paused temporarily while we worked
      on the above, but it will resume soon. If we can get the stars to align
      properly, we'll also start exploring the world of podcasting. Who needs
      sleep?

      Best regards,

      Midge Coates, PhD, MLS
      This Goodly Land: Alabama's Literary Landscape
      http://www.alabamaliterarymap.org
      Alabama Center for the Book
      Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts & Humanities
      Pebble Hill
      Auburn University, AL 36948-5637
      334-844-7659