Introductions

  • Morris Simon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 1998
      On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Terence Finnegan wrote:

      > Also, jump in and introduce yourselves if you're so inclined...maybe give
      > a little info on what aspects of Alabama history interest you most...my
      > personal interest runs to medical history at the moment, although other aspects
      > are fascinating as well....

      Hello from Tuscaloosa.

      I teach at Stillman College and have special interests in colonial
      Alabama, particularly the French/Indian/English frontier areas from ca
      1670 to 1800. The personalities of various Choctaw, Creek and Chicksaw
      leaders fascinate me, as well as those of prominent colonial officials,
      settlers and trapper/traders. One of my current projects is to build an
      online public database for French colonial Louisiana using HTML/CGI/SQL
      techniques for queries.

      Morris

      Morris Simon L i n u x
      simon@... micro$oft-FREE since '93