Murder in Brewton, 1966: Two Books

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14 9:36 AM
      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 11:31 AM
      To: Capitol Book
      Subject: The Unfortunate Incident

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Friday, March 14, 2008

      A Sunday Afternoon Book Happening

      What better way to spend a beautiful Spring Sunday Afternoon than to
      relax with a drink, munch on some munchies, listen to some good music,
      and then hear one of the grisliest murders in the history of Alabama
      discussed by two different folks who've spent years researching it?

      That's the way we'll be spending THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 16, FROM
      4-7 PM OVER AT EL REY'S, when Joe Formichella will be reading from his
      brand new book  Murder Creek: The "Unfortunate Incident" of Annie Jean
      Barnes. The book is a nonfiction account of - or investigation into
      - this unspeakable crime, which happened in Brewton in 1966.

      But we said two folks, and two it shall be, because a few years ago
      Joe's partner Suzanne Hudson wrote a novel about this very same murder,
      and that novel, In A Temple Of Trees, won all sorts of awards....and
      then inspired Joe to begin his search for the truth of the matter.

      Come meet these two writers, hear more about the murder, buy a book or
      two, hang out with friends, and listen to the great live music by
      Grayson Capps, about whom if you would like to read one interesting bio
      you should click HERE: http://www.graysoncapps.com/biography.html

      Cheryl and Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334.265.1473