FW: Southern Labor Studies Association

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2007
      From: H-NET List for Southern History [mailto:H-SOUTH@...] On
      Behalf Of Baker Bruce
      Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:00 AM
      To: H-SOUTH@...
      Subject: Southern Labor Studies Association

      From: Heather Thompson [mailto:hathomps@...]
      Sent: 10 December 2007 18:33

      Please join us!!

      The Southern Labor Studies Association (SLSA) brings together scholars
      interested in issues of working class and labor history in the South as
      well as scholars who teach labor and working class history at southern
      universities. This organization defines labor and working class history
      very broadly. Scholars who work on civil rights, politics, gender
      struggles, sharecropping, education, culture (you name it!) all have a
      place in the SLSA because they all work on matters critical to the
      history of working class life in the South. It is my hope that you will
      decide to join this group. For more information on the genesis and
      mission of the SLSA I encourage you to visit our website:

      http://www.southernlaborstudies.org

      Because the SLSA is affiliated with the Labor and Working Class Studies
      Association (LAWCHA), as an existing LAWCHA member you can join the SLSA
      for only $10.00. We are also affiliated with the Southern Historical
      Association (SHA). Although we have no joint membership options with
      the SHA at this time, such an affiliation means that you will now have
      lots of opportunities to engage in events related to working class
      history when you attend the Southern. At this year's Southern, for
      example, the SLSA held a very successful inaugural reception as well as
      hosted a wonderful labor history tour of Richmond.

      Again, I very much hope that you will become a member of the SLSA. If
      you are interested in joining you can go to our website:
      http://www.southernlaborstudies.org and do so right there. If you are
      interested in finding out more about the SLSA, and/or becoming a more
      active member by joining us on any of our committees, please do not
      hesitate to email me personally at:
      hathomps@...

      Thanks!

      Best,

      Heather Thompson

      *******************************
      Dr. Heather Ann Thompson
      Soros Justice Fellow
      Associate Professor of History
      University of North Carolina at Charlotte Charlotte, NC 28223
      (704)968-6595
      Bruce E. Baker
      Lecturer in United States History
      Royal Holloway, University of London