FW: History of UAB and History of Birmingham

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2007
      From: Alabama Booksmith <booksmith@...>
      To: Alabama's Literati <HISTORY_OF_UAB@The_Booksmith.com>
      Sent: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:50 pm
      Subject: History of UAB and History of Birmingham
      Hi Y'All-

      We're hosting a signing Wednesday, August 15, for noted historian
      Tennant McWilliams and the debut of his powerful history of UAB - warts
      and all. McWilliams identifies the good guys and the bad guys and
      provides foot notes to back up every fact. We suggest jumping straight
      to the index and searching out your favorite hero or villain before
      starting on this dynamite read. It's been a while since we've been so
      high on such a work, but it's also a relevant history of Birmingham.
      This is a five star job.
      Wednesday, August 15         6:00PM
      Tennant McWilliams
      New Lights in the Valley: The Emergence of UAB
      The Alabama Booksmith

      If you cannot make it Wednesday, but would like to purchase a signed
      copy on our secure web site, click
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/Product?s=showproduct&isbn=
      NB12560102&.

      A fun part of the event will be an auction for the magnificent
      allegorical water color of contemporary UAB by Sally Patricia Smith that
      was used for the book jacket. Complete information about the painting
      and details of the auction are available at
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=storeevents&even
      tId=352360.

      Hope we see you Wednesday.
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.