FW: Civil War Historian visits Birmingham [Aug. 1]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      From: Alabama Booksmith <booksmith@...>
      To: Alabama's Literati <CIVIL_WAR_CLASSIC@The_Booksmith.com>
      Sent: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 9:02 am
      Subject: Civil War Historian visits Birmingham
      Hi Y'All-

      Those of us who thought we knew all there was to know about Admiral
      Raphael Semmes, commander of the CSS Alabama, received our comeuppance
      reading advance copies of Wolf of the Deep, by Stephen Fox. This
      exciting page-turner is chock full of personal tidbits and
      never-before-published information about the most hated and feared name
      in American Naval history. The author will give a brief talk, show off a
      few neat artifacts, and then be happy to take your questions. This is a
      great holiday gift for the Civil War buffs on your list.

      Wednesday, August 1         6:00 PM
      Stephen Fox
      Wolf of the Deep: Raphael Semmes and the Notorious Confederate Raider
      CSS Alabama

      The Alabama Booksmith

      If you cannot make  it to the event but would like to purchase signed
      copies on our secure web site, please click

      Hope to see you Wednesday.
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place